So my sister pointed out that I never give a product a bad review on here. Generally I only blog about product I think deserve mentioning but sometimes I do come across products that are rubbish or just aren't worth the hype that they get.
So in the interest of keeping things fair (and of course it might potentially save one of you money ) I am going to do a regular blog on products I have been disappointed with.
Now bare in mind that just because I didn't like the products or that it didn't work for me personally, it doesn't necessarily mean that you won't like it either. I will explain why I didn't like the product so it might help you figure out wither it will work for you or not.
So here goes!!!
1. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - This has a very watery texture which provides very little coverage. It left a greasy sheen on my face after wearing it for only a short time despite it being oil free. It's just not all its cracked up to be. Didn't work for me at all....
2. L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation - I had great hopes for this makeup. It applied well and I loved it at first however after about 2 hours it left my skin looking very shiny and after 3 hours it had completely disappeared.
3. L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream- This just makes you look orange. It starts off a a white cream and is supposed to blend to match your skin tone. However unless you want to look tangoed I'd stay well clear. Oh and it applies like cement!
4. L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Foundation - I done a full review on this when it first came out. It's very light coverage and its very watery and me and it just don't get on.
1. Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Mega Melon - Not great colour payoff, didn't last very long and I may aswell have bought a chapstick especially for the price.
2. Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclispe - Blah is the only word that comes to mind. I love the Apocalips range but there isn't a huge colour selection and this is the only nude shade. Its not a great nude far too beige on the lips.
3. Bourjois Effect 3D Max Lip Gloss - I didn't mind the actual lipgloss. It was the applicator that makes this awful. It is shaped like a spatula therefore making it imposible to apply with any precision and either trowels it on or scrapes it off.
Benefit Erase Paste - I loved this at first as it covered my dark circles really well and brightened up my undereye area however like a huge amount of undereye concealers it just enhanced my fine lines and settled into creases. I was expecting perfection for the price but it just wasn't to be.
Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Mascara - I had read such great things about this mascara and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. However it flakes like crazy, the brush is too big to get smaller lashes and it dries out really quickly.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Petticoat- This is just too shiny on the skin. It is far to pink to use as a highlight and is too glittery to use as a blush. I do love the Mineralize Soft & Gentle though
L'Oreal Skin Perfection Serum -
This didn't improve my skin pigmentation or tone. I only bought it because the gorgeous Cheryl Cole was promoting it and I really should have known better than to let advertising influence me. It did sink straight into my skin and left it feeling soft but didn't make any difference to my pores or skin texture.
ROC Gentle Exfoliating Cream - Well I know it's for sensitive skin but jeeze you might aswell be rubbing cream into your skin. It didn't do anything for me and there are alot better exfoliators on the market
L'Oreal Luminize Moisturising Day Cream - This just didn't do anything for me. It is a beautiful cream which left my skin really soft and I was hoping for a dewy glow as promised by the packaging but I was left disappointed. I just think you can get better day moisturisers for the money.
St. Tropez Gradual Tan - At first the smell is bearable but after a few hours the dreaded fake tan odour kicks in. Then the colour payoff isn't great either. It remained very light even after 3 applications. It just wasn't worth the money.
So now Breda (that's my sister) there you go a whole load of bad reviews for you. I hope it makes you happy :)
After reading back over it poor old L'Oreal have got terrible abuse but I do love alot of L'Oreal products (just not the ones mentioned above).
I hope you found this somewhat helpful.
And if you have any questions about a product (even if I have never mentioned it in a blog) just message me or contact me on my
Until next time....As always.... Be Happy!!!
Lover of all things beauty, Makeup Artist, Blogger & Wife . I am always on the look out for the perfect makeup or the best beauty product so keep reading to follow my never ending quest!